Thought I would give myself some practice with modeling a character this week, so I took one of the character designs from my 2D page and converted him into 3D.
This is Psycho, a psychic supervillain. The idea of this model of Psycho was that he is meant for a lower quality platform such as the iPhone or Android. I wanted to give myself some practice low poly modeling and I was able to achieve a 2500 poly count. I also used an incandescence channel on his eye so that it would illuminate in the dark, not a hard task, but I didn’t have any experience in it before and now I do. I also took the opportunity to practice hand painting textures, Psycho’s texture is about 90% painted with a single overlay of metal for the mask and boots. Leather and cloth was used to start the clothes. I hope to have him fully rigged within the next couple days and upload some posed pictures here.